El Paso Immigration Attorney
Albuquerque Immigration Lawyer About Us Staff Mission Statement Employment Contact Us
Book your own consultation Learn the importance of hiring an immigration lawyer Learn more information for employers
Why Hire an Immigration Lawyer?
For Employers
Non-Immigrant Visa
Immigrant Visa
Permanent Residence Visa
Family Visas
Work Visa
Student Visa
Fiancé Visa
Business & Investor Visas
Additional Types of Visas
Green Card
Labor Certification
Cancellation of Removal
Deportation Defense
Employment Eligibility Verification
For Individuals
Frequently Asked Questions
Watch our informative videos

El Paso Green Card Attorney

How to get a Green Card in El Paso

A green card is actually an identity card, which evidences the permanent resident status of the bearer. The card was originally green in color and the nickname has remained. Its more formal name is the United States Permanent Resident Card and it proves certain benefits, primarily permission to live and work in the USA. In order to obtain a green card you must have someone sponsor you who is either a family member (who is a U.S. citizen) or a U.S. employer who wants to employ you. The person or employer then files a form called a "visa petition." This begins the process, which can be quite lengthy.

An advocate on your side, such as an El Paso immigration lawyer, can make the process far less frustrating and greatly more efficient. Our 40-plus years of experience has taught us just about everything one needs to know to apply for a green card and what factors make that application successful. We would be happy to help you or a loved one to apply for your green card. We cannot guarantee that you will be approved, as there are many variables, restrictions and government quotas that no attorney can control. We can promise that you will find no legal representation more knowledgeable, aggressive or energetic in pursuit of your immigration rights.

Green Card Lawyer in El Paso

Certain categories of green card eligibility are assigned numerical quotas by the government annually. In addition, many of those have backlogs of 10 or more years. For immediate relatives of U.S. citizens and those seeking asylum, there are no quotas. An immigrant who has held five years of residency with a green card can apply for U.S. citizenship or naturalization. For many this is the ultimate goal and we take great pride in assisting our clients to attain this.

If you or a loved one would like to begin the process of getting a green card, contact an El Paso immigration attorney in our office today.

Follow Us On

Maney Gordon - El Paso Immigration Attorney
Located at 1535 Hawkins Boulevard, Suite A, El Paso, TX 79925.
Phone: (888) 630-4882.
Website: .