El Paso Immigration Attorney
Albuquerque Immigration Lawyer About Us Staff Mission Statement Employment Contact Us
Book your own consultation Learn the importance of hiring an immigration lawyer Learn more information for employers
Why Hire an Immigration Lawyer?
For Employers
Non-Immigrant Visa
Immigrant Visa
Permanent Residence Visa
Family Visas
Work Visa
Student Visa
Fiancé Visa
Business & Investor Visas
Additional Types of Visas
Green Card
Labor Certification
Cancellation of Removal
Deportation Defense
Employment Eligibility Verification
For Individuals
Frequently Asked Questions
Watch our informative videos

Common Questions about Immigration in El Paso

El Paso Immigration Attorney

How can I find out if I am eligible under the preference system?

If you are trying to get an employment visa, family based visa, fiancée visa, any other type of visa or need information about the preference system, an El Paso immigration lawyer from our firm can assist you. The nine categories in order of preference for immigration that are currently in effect include (for family based immigration): 1) the unmarried sons and daughters of those that are already U.S. citizens. 2) the spouses, children and the unmarried sons or daughters of those who are a legal permanent resident aliens. 3) the married sons or daughters of individuals that are U.S. citizens. 4) the brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens. In employment-based immigration, the current preferences are 1) priority workers. These are people that have extraordinary abilities, including those such as professors, researchers, or executives and managers. 2) professionals that hold advanced degrees in their field, or have exceptional ability in their field. 3) skilled workers, including professional without any professional degrees, as well as unskilled workers that are needed in a certain industry. 4) special immigrations. 5) employment creation immigrants - those who are investing in the country and providing jobs.

What do I do if my family member is facing deportation?

The most crucial issue is to get legal representation without delay. At Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A., we know how important it is that families stay together. Once a person is deported, the matter can get more complex.

How do I verify employment eligibility?

There are specific allowed documents that you must review and you are required to obtain and preserve a Form 1-9 for 3 years after hiring any person, whether a U.S. citizen or foreign national.

How do I choose an immigration lawyer?

You want to ensure your El Paso immigration lawyer is very experienced, and has assisted in a great number of complex immigration legal issues. At Maney | Gordon | Zeller, P.A., we have over 100 years of combined experience, are AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell (preeminent in our field), and we can provide legal representation in virtually any immigration legal issue, whether related to employment or family.

Contact an El Paso immigration attorney from our firm at once to discuss your immigration question and get trusted legal advice.

Follow Us On

Maney Gordon - El Paso Immigration Attorney
Located at 1535 Hawkins Boulevard, Suite A, El Paso, TX 79925.
Phone: (888) 630-4882.
Website: .