El Paso Immigration Attorney
Albuquerque Immigration Lawyer About Us Staff Mission Statement Employment Contact Us
Book your own consultation Learn the importance of hiring an immigration lawyer Learn more information for employers
Why Hire an Immigration Lawyer?
For Employers
Non-Immigrant Visa
Immigrant Visa
Permanent Residence Visa
Family Visas
Work Visa
Student Visa
Fiancé Visa
Business & Investor Visas
Additional Types of Visas
Green Card
Labor Certification
Cancellation of Removal
Deportation Defense
Employment Eligibility Verification
For Individuals
Frequently Asked Questions
Watch our informative videos

Fiancée Visa Attorney in El Paso

Best Way to Get Your Future Spouse a Visa

Traditionally, when a U.S. citizen wished to marry a non-citizen, he or she would go to the country of the non-citizen, marry and then petition for the spouse to immigrate to America. This is not always possible and it can take longer than a fiancée visa, officially known as the K-1 visa, which allows a U.S. citizen to bring their fiancée into the country for the purpose of getting married. After arriving in the country, you have 90 days in which to marry. After 90 days, if you do not marry, the visa holder must leave the country within 30 days. Unmarried minor children (under age 21) of a K-1 visa immigrant can be issued a K-2 visa. The exact definition of "child" which is used in immigration law can be very difficult to understand.

Our firm understands the stress and unhappiness from being separated from loved ones. Our singular purpose is to help each of our clients legally achieve their personal immigration objectives. An El Paso immigration lawyer from our firm will work energetically towards that purpose. Our firm has been helping our clients for 3 ½ decades and we are proud of our record.

El Paso Fiancée Visa Lawyer

As with any visa, there are certain requirements that must be met to qualify for the fiancée visa. The couple must have met at least once within two years before filing the fiancée visa petition. The Department of Homeland Security will waive this requirement if it can be shown that it would violate strong religious or cultural traditions. Applicants must be able to show that they are not likely to become dependent on welfare or other government aid. In addition to these evidences, other documents may be required such as birth certificates, identification cards and divorce decrees or annulment papers showing eligibility to marry. A fiancée visa does not authorize eligibility to work as a work visa or green card would. It does make one eligible to apply for a work permit to the USCIS. When your future is dependent upon the a government agency saying 'yes' or 'no' to your petition, it can be intimidating and anxiety-ridden. Having a confident and experienced immigration attorney representing you is a very wise decision in such an important event.

Contact an El Paso immigration attorney in our office today to get help with a fiancée visa.

Follow Us On

Maney Gordon - El Paso Immigration Attorney
Located at 1535 Hawkins Boulevard, Suite A, El Paso, TX 79925.
Phone: (888) 630-4882.
Website: .